Discovering and expressing identity through clothing styles which capture the energy and dreams of life in the sixties and seventies.
This is an event for the ‘Baby Boomer’ generation to be empowered in remembering the revolutionary shift they brought to the western world, and encouraging the individuality and uniqueness that drove that shift to be carried forward into the years after retirement.
The event will run from 11:30am until 2:30pm, a great time for seniors to access the city with free public transport. On the day we hope to have a number of activities and opportunities for engagement, including
* Displays of photographs, stories, and magazine pages relating to life in the 60s and 70s;
* Relaxed atmosphere encouraging conversation;
* Food and drink for purchase from street vendors;
* Connection to Scots Church for more displays, and the Op Shop;
* Iconic music from the 60s and 70s;
* Live music;
* A fashion show;
* Photographer on site to capture the day.
We are also using the event to promote both Creative Ageing and Spirituality and its values, by having information available on
* Access to essential services as a senior;
* Spirituality in the later stages of life;
* Networking opportunities;
* How to join a local fellowship.
This event is an initiative of the Urban Mission Network of the Uniting Church in South Australia and is supported by Splash Adelaide.
To register your interest, contribute to the display, or ask questions, contact seniorswithstyle@creativea